At least seven civilians have been killed in two separate bomb attacks blamed on Kurdistan Workers’ party (PKK) militants in south-east Turkey.
A regional security force said four were killed on Wednesday in a car bomb attack in the centre of the city of Diyarbakir, and three lost their lives in a near-simultaneous bombing in Kiziltepe in Mardin province to the south.
Both bomb attacks had been aimed at passing police vehicles, the Doğan news agency said. NTV television said 25 people were wounded in the Mardin attack and 13 in Diyarbakir.
The authorities believe both blasts were carried out by the PKK, a Turkish official said.
The PKK has killed hundreds of members of the Turkish security forces since the collapse of a two-year ceasefire in July last year.
Earlier on Wednesday, five Turkish soldiers were killed in an attack blamed on PKK militants in Uludere in south-eastern Sirnak province close to the Iraqi border.
More than 40,000 people have been killed since the PKK first took up arms in 1984. It is proscribed as a terrorist group by Turkey, the EU and the US.
It has kept up its attacks after the failed coup on 15 July during which a rogue military faction tried to oust the country’s president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
The government has vowed there will be no let-up in the fight against the PKK.