After around one month of consultations, Prime Minister Hassan Diab concluded the government’s line-up and visited Baabda Palace where he met with President Michel Aoun before the two men signed the formation decree.
The new government is composed of 19 members in addition to the premier:
1. Prime Minister: Hassan Diab
2. Deputy PM and Defense Minister: Zeina Akar
3. Foreign Minister: Nassif Hitti
4. Interior Minister: Mohammad Fahmy
5. Telecommunication Minister: Talal Hawat
6. Education Minister: Tarek Majzoub
7. Environment Minister & Administrative Development: Demianos Kattar
8. Energy Minister: Raymond Ghajar
9. Justice Minister: Mary-Claude Najem
10. Economy Minister: Raul Nehme
11. Minister of Affairs for the Displaced: Ghada Shreim
12. Labor Minister: Lamia Yammine Doueihy
13. Public Works Minister: Michel Najar
14. Youth and Sports Minister: Varti Ohanian
15. Social Affairs and Tourism Minister: Ramzi Msharrafieh
16. Information Minister: Manal Abdel Samad
17. Finance Minister: Ghazi Wazni
18. Agriculture & Culture Minister: Abbas Mortada
19. Health Minister: Hamad Hasan
20. Industry Minister: Imad Hoballah
PM Diab said that his 20-minister government is technocratic, adding that the its main mission will be matching the people demands.
Diab pointed out that he would start a tour to the Arab countries, especially the Gulf one, after his government obtains the parliamentary confidence.